ACT MINUTES -
17th November 2016
Acklington Community Team Minutes 17th
Present: Tessa and Chris Sayers, Lorna
and Shaun Malone, Violet Currie, George Walton,
Alison Sharpe, Lorna Budge.
Apologies: Lynn and Paul Glover.
Minutes of Previous Meeting: Read and
Current Account £1642.62
Ceilidh ticket receipts £220 Money raised on
Whisky rolling £21. Expenses £250 for band and
£50 Hall hire means that Ceilidh ran at a loss
however, those that attended had a great evening
. The band was excellent and a lot of dressing
up in Halloween costumes.
Shaun ran through details of banners again ( see
previous minutes) Shaun has consulted with John
Davison about shapes and different logos for the
flags. Team voted on purchasing 2 concave flags
• Bright background colour
• Standard text saying Acklington Community Team
• Print on both sides
• Figures along the bottom of flag in White.
• Shaun will e- mail out design and colour
examples for the team to peruse and approve.
• Thanks to John for his input.
Costs for concave banners:
• 2.3 meter high flag £46.00 each
• Carry bag £9.00 each
• Base £46.80
• Delivery £9.99
• Art work £75-£100 this will be a one off cost
and the manufacturers will be able to use design
again if we order subsequent banners.
Christmas Film Show:
Tessa reported that we would need to be sure of
a good audience for this as the License fee cost
is £87. Committee decided to shelve the idea for
• Village Hall Committee is looking into the
purchase of blackout blinds to facilitate the
showing of films and presentations.
• Alison suggested applying for a Community
grant for the purchase of a screen and
projector. Sound system also required . Tessa is
happy to put in application, however we need to
liaise with the Village Hall Committee about
what equipment is required.
• Equipment needs to be sourced and costed.
• Bruce is running disco music from the 60’s
onwards. He has lights and a glitter ball!
• Fancy dress from any decade optional
• 9pm – 1am
• Posters have been sent to the Pelican and
flyers will be distributed.
• Pooled supper own drink
• Whisky game and Heads and Tails
• Ask John if he would compile a quiz for us.
• Set up on New Year eve afternoon whoever is
available to help.
De-fibrillate and first aid course:
Burns Night Supper: 28th January 2017
Any Other Business:
• Violet asked whether holding a bar for events
was worthwhile when people were used to bringing
their own drinks. It was decided to discuss this
for individual events. Chris confirmed that he
was quite happy to continue to set up and run
bar at events.
• Tessa told team that John had informed her
that the total number of hits on the Parish
website has now exceeded 50,000
Date Next Meeting: AGM 5th January 2016
7pm, followed by ACT meeting.